Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Here's a Sneak Peek at the Newest Attractions at Designs by M'Ayanna

I've been a speculative fiction addict for more than 40 years. I was into Heinlein, Tolkien and P. K. Dick back in the days when they were considered down right weird. Now they are more than acceptable, they're fashionable. This is due in no small part to today's fascination  with the industrial revolution and the fascinating possibilites represented by that era. The influence of science fiction writers from the late 19th century like Wells and Verne is still alive today in steam punk fashion and lifestyle. I'm putting my own spin on the style as part of my New Vintage collection.




Skeleton keys are a big part of the steam punk look. This 3 inch brass key embellishment is combined with 25mm antique brass wheel elements, red and clear faceted glass rounds and hung from an oval linked antique brass chain. I think it's a cool, rather elegant piece and great for dress or casual wear!

Look for it and more new items at Designs by M'Ayanna!

Patrice
http://www.designsbymayanna.etsy.com

No comments: